If you are a LG Optimus Black P970 owner then you might be interested in how to experience the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean sensation on your device. Despite the fact that this isn’t an official ROM you will still be able to experience the full functionalities of the original one and all these are possible, thanks to the Android Open Kang Project Team (AOKP).
AOKP custom ROM is known for his ability to improve your device’s speed and performances and besides that you will have to courtesy to try lots of new and amazing features. Some Optimus Black users who already installed this ROM say that their devices are entirely different now, starting from the interface up to a higher browsing speed.
Before we begin, you should know that the next instructions are compatible only with the Optimus Black – model P970. Go to “Settings” > “About phone” and make sure the model number correspond with P970.
Another important thing that should be checked before you start the installation process is the root access and the ClockworkMod Recovery tool. Without these 2, you won’t be able to flash any custom ROM on your Android device.
In case you don’t know how to gain root access on your Optimus Black device I strongly recommend you to follow this guide and if you have problems with CWM Recovery, then this tutorial should be useful too.
- Download the AOKP custom ROM from this official source.
- Download GApps package from here.
- Now save the zip files you’ve just downloaded directly on your LG internal SD card.
- Go to “Play Store” on your Optimus device and download / install this app “anReboot”.
- Launch the “anReboot” app.
- Now select the “ClockworkMod Recovery” tab and wait for your device to boot into CWM Recovery mode.
Note: You can’t use the well-known button combination to enter CWM on this particular LG model.
- Select “Backup and Restore” > “Backup”.
- Select “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and press “Yes”.
- Select “Install Zip from SD card” > “Choose Zip from sd card” and navigate your device to the AOKP custom ROM zip file saved on your microSD card.
- Repeat the step above, but this time use the GApps zip file.
- Go to “Reboot system now” and wait for your device to reboot.
Awesome! From now on your LG Optimus Black is powered by Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. In case you encounter any problems during the installation guide, please use the comment box below and we will try to find a solution for them. Till then, I’m waiting for your positive feedback!