How to Fix Damaged Memory Card (MMC) on Android
The memory card is classified as perishable goods, the damage that’s meant on here is the system files damage not physically. The damage level of memory card is pretty variate. Sometimes it’s unreadable by android device, different capacity from its stated, so that can not be used at all, typically when the memory is not detected or detected but could not be opened. Due to many causes including:
- Device overheating.
- Magnetic field influence.
- Made a mistake when unplugging or insert the memory into the slot.
- There is a virus or a corrupt file.
- Memory cards often move to other devices, for example mobile phone memory card, attached to the digital camera repeatedly.
- Errors in the system or failing partition.
- And many other things.
How to Fix damaged memory card
There are several ways to fix damaged memory card, this is an easy way for you to repair damaged memory card through card reader connected to a PC. How to do that ?, through the Format menu in Windows Explorer. The Disadvantages of this method is all your data will be lost, therefore you must recover your data via File Recover software like FileRecover for MultiMediaCard or MMC medic.
This is the step by step how to fix damaged memory card that you can follow:
- Unmount the memory card from your Android device, and insert it into a memory card reader.
Do not carelessly pulling a memory card from android devices, use the menu “Unmount SD Card” to remove the memory when android device is active. Or you can also turn off the cell phone first and then remove the memory fresh.
- Find the memory card drive (see Windows Explorer menu), for example on the drive (D, E, F, G, H or other). If the memory is read, click the right mouse button, and select the ‘Format’.
- Next, will come the format option (FAT, FAT32 and NTSC), make sure you choose the FAT file system format.
- Click the “Format Now” and wait to finish.
If ”error” message is appear then the PC cannot format yet, use another way to format via Command Line menu.
- On the PC, click Start -> Run, and type CMD. The command window will appear in the DOS prompt mode.
- Next type
K FORMAT: / FS: FAT
- Wait until finish.